Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Through NYC

Today, we are in Casablanca. Travelling from St. Louis, through NYC to fly out yesterday had its moments of possible disaster, but all is well. After my airline told me that my bike would probably not make it on the plane, I pleaded with every single baggage person and ticketing person I could find to get it on. After I bothered them soundly, they assured me it would make it on. In NYC, Jesse and I lugged our bikes around, but not too much thanks to the incredible help of Holly Parker. She makes life so easy, and I am incredibly fortunate to have her as my friend. Another incredible person we ran into in NYC was our friend Amy. She does so many good things for so many people, and she doesn't sweat it at all. She is bafflingly amazing. Thank you so much to you two for helping us move all around NYC with huge luggage. Parker, I'll see you in a week.

1 comment:

HOll said...

Aww, Ablaye e Youssouf. It was wonderful getting to see you off (as per our tradition) and to have had the opportunity to spend time with you before this next adventure. I wish you all the patience, strength and good fortune you'll need to carry this second phase out. I know you've got all the above and then some. Remember to allow yourselves to just roll with it sometimes - things have miraculous and uncanny ways of working out in our favorite part of the world...which is partly why we love it so.

As always, I'm there in spirit. I will continue to look at flights and schedules. Who knows? I could roll into Boundoucondi at any time to dance into the night and crawl under a new mosquito net to sleep to the sound of the rain on my hut roof.

Mido yettude Baaba an e beengu mako Boundoucondi, Mansaly, Haruna Diao, Ibel nabbe, etc. Yo Allah beedu. Wonen e jam, on nanni?

Bisous -

Meta Diallo